WTI, Inc. is an established locally owned family business in Jefferson, GA that manufactures food ingredients for the food industry for food we eat every day. We are looking for an energetic, self- starting Automation Technician. If you are interested in becoming an important part of what people eat every day, please apply.
The Automation Technician uses independent judgment, consistently & clearly demonstrates creativity & innovation in finding solutions & alternatives to multi-faceted and/or time sensitive, complex problems that may include the design of new systems or development of solutions having few or no precedents, or the correction and/or extension of current production systems. Candidate will become familiar with WTI’s automation, including all mechanical, PLC, electrical or electronic subsystems.
Candidate will also be responsible for system upkeep and operations of automated adapters used to interface with the WTI structure.
Do you like to work in a team environment?
Are you good at problem solving?
Do you want to be a part of a company that helps make food better?
If yes, then we want you!
- Ensure that the safety commitments in compliance with OSHA, WTI, and our customers’ processes and procedures are met daily.
- Maintain control systems and troubleshoot PLC programs to control industrial processing equipment. Create functional HMI/MMI/OIT screens for operator interaction.
- Support continuous operation by adjusting, calibrating, repairing, replacing or modifying system components.
- Maintain and support SCADA system.
- Ability to follow electro-mechanical diagrams.
- Perform periodic system inspections within expected durations on all equipment and thoroughly document all actions and repairs to include parts used and labor. Ensure quality maintenance and complete documentation via the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Effective communication of production impacting problems and suggested actions, including approximate time required for corrective and emergency maintenance to required team members.
- Must be able to operate and run Automated systems.
- Must be able to work in a dynamic environment and change course based on immediate business needs.
- Responsible for troubleshooting, calibration, set up.
- Responsible for continuous cleaning and adhering to 5S policies.
- Perform Cell Operator functions as needed.
- Other duties as assigned
- Associate degree or equivalent experience/ certification in electronics, automation, manufacturing or equivalent field preferred.
- 2-3 years experience in automated systems
- Allen Bradley or Siemens certification (Preferred)
- PLC and Drive experience (Required)
- Values safety above all else.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, ability and other characteristics required.
- Demonstrates commitment and ability to work safely. Show reliability and maintain satisfactory attendance. Produce quality work. Ability to maintain required productivity/work expectations.
- Be proficient in performing all Inspection functions.
- Strong electro-mechanical skills.
- Ability to work independent of supervisor following procedures and manuals.
- A high sense of urgency.
- Ability to Multi-task and perform multiple job functions at once.
- Must be literate, written and verbal, in English Language.
Thinking of joining the team…take the pre-hiring assessment at: https://apply.wonscore.io/9BAKHN/WTI-INC
Salary: $30-$35/hour DOE
Job Type: Full-time, Non-Exempt
Hours: 8:00pm- 5:00pm Monday-Friday, Occasional Overtime and Weekends Required
Work Authorization: United States (Required)
COVID-19 Considerations: If you are hired, we will require you to prove that you have received the COVID-19 vaccine or willing to be fully vaccinated once offered a position.
WTI, Inc. offers excellent benefits including 401k, health insurance, and paid time off.
WTI, Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer. WTI, Inc does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.